Georgia is getting back on track after the Covid-19 outbreak, which significantly affected the livelihood of the local population. By implementing health and safety regulations throughout the whole country and steadily pushing the vaccination process forward, Georgia has reopened its international borders and welcomed visitors from around the world.
For up to date information about Covid-19 in Georgia, visit the following state-operated website:See More
In adherence to the requirements from the Georgian government, recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), we have made significant changes to our spaces, operations, and protocols of interaction. The new health safety norms and standards encourage physical distancing, prioritize enhanced cleanliness and sanitation, promote personal hygiene and responsibility, and make it possible to identify any health threats within our facilities immediately.
Transforming the public spaces of Rooms Hotels, we have:
● Reduced the number of tables at the restaurants so that our guests can follow the safety guidelines- advising individuals to maintain a healthy distance between themselves and others in social settings.
● Encouraged the guests of Rooms Hotels to make reservations before visiting to avoid overcrowding.
● Incorporated signs on the floors as reminders of maintaining physical distance while waiting in queues at the reception or the restaurants.
● Installed transparent glass guards at our reception desks to protect our staff members and guests from close physical interaction.
● Installed glass guards in the dining areas of Rooms Hotels buffets, which serve breakfast for guests.
Following the regulations and recommendations of the Georgian government, WHO, and UNWTO, we ask our guests and employees to:
● Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based disinfecting solution
● Wear rubber gloves when required
● Avoid touching face, nose, and eyes at all times
● Avoid close contact with the infected
● Cover the face and nose when coughing and sneezing with a disposable handkerchief or a bent elbow.
To protect our guests and employees from COVID-19, we have intensified our cleaning and sanitation efforts.
● Every morning and after each use, restaurant tables and seats are cleaned with hospital-level antibacterial disinfectants
● We have replaced the print menus with disposable copies
● The menu is also digitized, allowing guests to order via the mobile app easily
● All frequently touched surfaces and objects are cleaned with various disinfectants, while the guest room laundry is washed at higher temperatures (60C+).
● Every room is ventilated naturally for an extended period after a checkout. Additionally, an air freshener is used to rid the air of any infectious particles.
● All frequently used objects (e.g., remote controls, heating & cooling system panels) are covered with a layer of disposable plastic, which is replaced regularly.
● We are ensuring that the hotel swimming pools are safe for our guests to enjoy. Enhancing our sanitation efforts, we clean all debris from the floor, disinfect high touch point surfaces, regularly change the pool water, and purify it with necessary chemicals.
To minimize the risks of spreading the Novel Coronavirus, all of our guests and employees go through mandatory thermal screening before entering Rooms Hotels. Special devices have been installed at the entrances of our buildings, and our staff is provided with the necessary equipment for measuring people’s temperature as they enter the premises.
All our employees are tested for Covid-19 every three days in adherence to the safety requirements of the Georgian government.
To protect our guests and employees from spreading the virus, we strongly encourage our staff to get vaccinated. Various benefits of vaccination are regularly communicated as email threads, posters, and flyers that are shared among the whole team. Furthermore, we have hosted an open meeting with a top Georgian infectionist, where our employees had the opportunity to ask questions and understand the process of vaccination thoroughly.
Apart from comprehensive guides to the vaccination process, we have been in direct contact with every employee to offer help with registering for vaccination, transportation to clinics, etc. In addition, we are encouraging our employees to get vaccinated by providing concrete benefits that include: additional paid time off, a free stay at Rooms Hotel Kokhta for two people.
Tel.: +995 32 2 02 00 20
WhatsApp: +995 577 377799